Urgent and non-urgent disputes - QCAT Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal

Skip links and keyboard navigation

Urgent and non-urgent disputes

Most disputes are non-urgent including a:

  • dispute about a rental bond
  • general dispute between parties
  • breach of a conciliation agreement
  • general dispute between sub-tenants and head tenants.

The following are considered urgent tenancy dispute types:

  • ending a residential tenancy or rooming accommodation agreement for reasons such as:
    • repeated breaches
    • excessive hardship
    • objectionable behaviour
    • damage or injury
    • abandoned premises
  • handling of abandoned goods or documents
  • emergency repairs
  • proposed or existing tenancy database listings
  • entry to the premises
  • caravan park issues such as:
    • excluding a person
    • changing park rules
    • relocation within the park
  • rooming accommodation issues such as:
    • house rules
    • ending of agreements
    • abandoned goods
    • entry to the premises
  • domestic violence issues
  • determining if an agreement is covered under the Residential Rooming and Accommodation Act 2008
  • warrants of possession.

Descriptions of QCAT's jurisdiction on this website are general information only. They do not definitively describe the types of applications on which QCAT can make decisions. The relevant legislation determines QCAT's jurisdiction. If you are unsure about your legal rights, you should seek legal advice. Your individual circumstances should guide any actions taken to resolve your dispute.

Tenancy advice

For property managers: Real Estate Institute of Queensland – 1300 69 7347 (1300 MY REIQ)

For tenants: Queensland Statewide Tenant Advice and Referral Service - 1300 744 263

Last reviewed
4 July 2018
Last updated
4 July 2018

Rate this page

  1. How useful was the information on this page?