For use in Brisbane only
QCase is being rolled out across Queensland in stages and will ONLY be available for Brisbane-based cases initially. If you are outside of Brisbane, please continue to lodge and manage your case by using the appropriate forms.
QCAT now offers an online portal for you to securely file applications, referrals or documents electronically, view, manage and respond to your minor civil dispute case. This fully-digital case management system will make filing and managing your case easier and more accessible by allowing you to: view case information and documents 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; access via desktop, laptop, mobile phone, and tablet; receive case updates and notifications in real time; and lodge documents any time on any day of the week.
What can QCase be used for?
QCase can be used to commence a proceeding by filing an initiating application and supporting documents in the following case types:
- residential tenancy disputes
- debt disputes
- consumer and trader disputes
- dividing fence disputes
- property damage caused by a motor vehicle
QCase can also be used to file other non-initiating applications and other documents during the course of the proceeding. The parties can electronically file documents relating to existing proceedings if they have the relevant file number for the case.
QCase can also be used to monitor the progress of a matter as well as to review, access and print documents filed in a matter including sealed copies of documents.
If you are a first-time user, you will need to register before you can use QCase.
You will also need to review and agree to the QCase Terms and Conditions of use.
How to register
Before you can register for QCase, you will need to have a Commonwealth MyGov account with a myGovID or a Queensland Government QGov account. Read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section for help in registering for either a MyGov or QGov account.
Once you have your myGovID or QGov account, access QCase and begin registration.
Checklist for filing documents
Before filing documents in QCase, please ensure that:
- you have chosen and completed the correct form or forms – note that some forms are guided and can be completed in QCase. See the FAQs for further information.
- if you are seeking to respond to, defend or join a case, you know the case file number of the case you are joining.
- you have all the documents and supporting material you wish to submit in an approved electronic format (.doc, .docx, .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .xls, .xlsx with a size limit of 100MB for individual files). If you wish to lodge a different document format please contact your local registry.
- if a fee is payable, you have your card details ready.
- if you are applying for a waiver of your filing fees, you have completed a fee waiver application form and have all supporting material available for upload.
It is also recommended that you obtain independent legal advice before commencing any proceeding.
Contact and assistance
If you have any questions or are having difficulties accessing QCase, please see our FAQ page or contact QCAT.
Visually impaired users experiencing difficulties using the sites or reading the screen layouts can also seek assistance from QCAT Brisbane on 1300 753 228.
Click here to find your local courthouse registry or call 13 QGOV (13 74 68).