Queensland State Courts and Tribunals, including QCAT, are courts of record. Proceedings are usually recorded and a written transcript of the proceedings may be produced.
All proceedings are recorded in compliance with the Recording of Evidence Act 1962.
DJAG has moved to a new way of delivering recording and transcription services across Queensland Courts and Tribunals.
If you wish to request a transcript or audio of a proceeding you can do so via QTranscripts.
To access QTranscripts services online a person must prove who they are by establishing a digital identity through myGovID or QGov.
A person uses a myGovID or QGov digital identity to make online QTranscripts requests.
Follow these steps to access QTranscripts:
- Go to qtranscripts.justice.qld.gov.au
- Click on the Log In icon.
- On selecting Log In to QTranscripts, you be given the option to login using myGovID or QGov.
- If you do not have a myGovID or QGov identity, you will be prompted to create one.
- Once you enter your details and log in to either myGovID or QGov you will be redirected back to QTranscripts as logged in.
For any issues in relation to myGovID, visit the Help page or call 1300 287 539.
For any issues in relation to QGov, call 13QGOV (13 74 68) or lodge an online query with QGov.
For further information please refer to the recording and transcription page on the Queensland Courts website.