You can apply to QCAT with requests to make certain decisions, review decisions or resolve a dispute.
The application process can vary across different types of cases.
Please follow the specific application instructions for your case type here.
Before you make an application
- You can still try to work things out with the other party. Free mediation services are offered through the Department of Justice and Attorney-General's Dispute Resolution Centres.
- It may cost you money to make an application.
- Time limits apply for making applications.
- It is also important to understand what happens after you apply, if you need to respond within a certain time frame, how to prepare evidence and other important steps in the civil dispute process. We recommend checking your case type for more information.
- Do you know how to identify who the application is against?
- Do you know where the other party is so you can provide them a copy of the application?
- You can seek independent legal advice.
- Any type of legal proceeding can be stressful.
- You can look at past decisions and orders in your type of case to understand what might happen.
- Be aware of how long it might take.