You can apply to QCAT requesting the tribunal make certain decisions, review decisions or resolve a dispute.
The application process can vary across different types of matters. Please follow the specific application instructions for your matter type.
Before you make an application
- You can still try to work things out with the other party. Free mediation services are offered through the Department of Justice and Attorney-General's Dispute Resolution Centres.
- It may cost you money to make an application.
- Time limits apply for making applications. We recommend checking your matter type for more information.
- Do you know how to identify who the application is against?
- Do you know where the other party is so you can provide them a copy of the application?
- You need evidence and/or witnesses to prove your case.
- In most matters you will need to represent yourself.
- You can seek independent legal advice.
- Any type of legal proceeding can be stressful.
- You can look at past decisions and orders in your type of case to understand what might happen.
- Be aware of how long it might take.