1. What you need to know

If an administrator/guardian wishes to withdraw from their role they must lodge this application to QCAT. The Tribunal may give the administrator/guardian permission to withdraw. Only when this permission is given does the appointment and the responsibilities of an administrator/guardian finish.

2. Complete and lodge these forms:

To apply for leave to withdraw as guardian or administrator you must complete and lodge:

Form 12 - Application for miscellaneous matters - Guardianship and Administration Act 2000

This form is to be completed relating to an application for miscellaneous matters – Guardianship and Administration Act 2000.

PDF File (1.4 MB)

3. How to lodge your application

In person

Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal
Floor 11, 259 Queen Street
Brisbane Qld 4000

or at any local Magistrates Court

Mail to

Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal
GPO Box 1639
Brisbane Qld 4001

4. What happens next?

Find out what happens after you apply.