Skip links and keyboard navigation

Lodging your application and forms

Completing an application form

When lodging your application or any other forms remember to:

  • complete the form answering all relevant questions and providing as much information as possible
  • include the contact details of all parties
  • provide all pages of the form
  • provide any supporting documents in their original format or as copies which have been witnessed by a justice of the peace, commissioner of declarations or a lawyer (where required)
  • sign and date the form
  • provide the required number of copies to QCAT
  • pay the correct fee (if applicable)
  • provide a stamped self-addressed A4 envelope.

Lodging an application or form

If more than one copy of your form must be lodged or your form and attachments is more than 30 pages, you may only lodge the application in person or by mail.

The table below outlines your options for lodging your application or form depending on the type of matter your form your application or form relates to.

 Matter type  Lodgement options
 Minor civil disputes

Lodge an application:

Residential tenancy dispute applications must be lodged at QCAT's Brisbane office or the local Magistrates Court (excluding the Brisbane Magistrates Court) closest to the rental property.

Lodge an application:

All other matter types that require payment.

Lodge an application:

In person
Level 9
Bank of Queensland Building
259 Queen Street
Brisbane QLD 4000, or at any Magistrates Court (excluding Brisbane).

By mail
GPO Box 1639
Brisbane 4001

All applications and forms must be signed, scanned and then emailed.

Payment of fees
If you are lodging an application or form by mail and you are required to pay a fee, please enclose a cheque or money order made payable to the Department of Justice and Attorney-General or a completed credit card payment authorisation (PDF, 183.8 KB) form.

The credit card payment authorisation form will only be accepted by post or facsimile. This form MUST NOT be sent via email and will not be accepted via email.

Cash payments will only be accepted when an application or form is lodged in person at QCAT or a Magistrates Court (excluding Brisbane).

Last reviewed
15 October 2012
Last updated
23 April 2014

Rate this page

  1. How useful was the information on this page?