You can make an application to QCAT to make certain decisions, review decisions or resolve a dispute.
The application process can vary across different types of matters. You should select your matter type and follow the specific application instructions.
Before you make an application
- You can still try to work things out with the other party. You can try free mediation through a Dispute Resolution Centre.
- It may cost you money to make an application.
- Time limits apply for making an application. Check your matter type for more information.
- Do you know how to identify who the application is against?
- Do you know where the other party is so you can provide them a copy of the application?
- You need evidence and/or witnesses to prove your case.
- In most matters you will need to represent yourself.
- You can get independent legal advice.
- Any type of legal proceedings can be stressful.
- You can look at past decisions and orders in your type of case to understand what might happen.
- Be aware of how long it might take.