Manufactured home park disputes - QCAT Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal

Skip links and keyboard navigation

Manufactured home park disputes

Caxton Legal Centre's Park and Village Information Link (PAVIL) is a specialist service providing free information and legal help. It offers this service for residents and prospective residents of retirement villages and manufactured home parks.

Contact PAVIL online or via 07 3214 6333.

A manufactured home is also known as a mobile home. It is a structure other than a caravan or tent, that:

  • has the character of a dwelling house
  • is designed to be moved from one position to another
  • is not permanently attached to land.

A manufactured home can be located in a mixed use park which also includes caravan sites, tents and holiday cabins. It can also be located in a residential park that only consists of manufactured homes.

QCAT hears a range of disputes relating to manufactured home parks including rent problems, utility costs, varying special terms, maintenance of the park, terminating site agreements and changing park rules.

QCAT recommends that you first try to resolve your dispute through:

  • internal dispute resolution methods. This involves lodging your complaint through the home owner’s or park liaison committee or engaging an independent mediator. The Department of Justice and Attorney-General provides a free mediation service through its Dispute Resolution Branch.
  • the Caravan and Manufactured Homes Residents Association of Queensland Inc (CAMRA). CAMRA is a government-funded advocacy group which offers free advice and dispute resolution services to manufactured home owners.

If you are still unable to resolve your dispute with the other party you can apply to QCAT to assist you.

Descriptions of QCAT's jurisdiction on this website are general information only. They do not definitively describe the types of applications on which QCAT can make decisions. The relevant legislation determines QCAT's jurisdiction. If you are unsure about your legal rights, you should seek legal advice. Your individual circumstances should guide any actions taken to resolve your dispute.

Last reviewed
25 September 2017
Last updated
25 September 2017

Rate this page

  1. How useful was the information on this page?