Queensland legislation related to guardianship matters includes:
- Disability Services Act 2006
- Disability Services and other Legislation Amendment Act 2016
- Guardianship and Administration Act 2000
- Mental Health Act 2000
- Powers of Attorney Act 1998
- Public Guardian Act 2014
- Public Trustee Act 1978
- Trust Act 1973
- Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal Act 2009
- Residential Services (Accreditation) Act 2002
- Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008.
The Acts are available on the Office of the Queensland Parliamentary Counsel website.
Commonwealth legislation related to guardianship matters includes:
- Aged Care Act (Commonwealth) 1997
- Disability Discrimination Act (Commonwealth) 1992
- National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013
The Acts are available on the Federal Register of Legislation.
Descriptions of QCAT's jurisdiction on this website are general information only. They do not definitively describe the types of applications on which QCAT can make decisions. The relevant legislation determines QCAT's jurisdiction. If you are unsure about your legal rights, you should seek legal advice. Your individual circumstances should guide any actions taken to resolve your dispute.