Children and young people
QCAT can take a new look at (review) some decisions made by the Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women (the department).
Decisions we can review about children and young people include:
- who they should live with
- not telling their parents where they are living
- the amount and type of contact between them and their parents
- other care arrangements.
Other types of decisions are about:
- people who have applied to adopt a child
- people who are not allowed to work with children because of their history
- licensing a childcare centre
- prohibiting a person from entering a school or state instructional institution.
If you feel that a decision made by the department about you, a child who is a family member, or a child in your care is wrong, then you can apply to QCAT for a review of this decision.