QCAT may, by order, appoint an administrator for a financial matter for an adult if:
- the adult is a missing person
- the adult usually resides in the State
- there is, or is likely to be, a need for a decision in relation to the matter
- without an appointment the adult’s interests in the matter would be adversely affected.
QCAT may be satisfied an adult is a missing person only if:
- it is not known if the adult is alive
- reasonable efforts have been made to locate the adult
- for at least 90 days the adult has not contacted
- anyone who lives at the adult’s last-known home address; or
- any relative or friend of the adult with whom the adult is likely to communicate.
The appointment may be on terms considered appropriate by QCAT.
An application for the appointment of an administrator may be made by:
- the adult’s spouse
- a relative of the adult
- the public trustee
- an interested person for the adult
An application for a Missing Person can be made at Form 10.