Register a complaint settlement agreement with QCAT

1. Complete and lodge the settlement agreement

Parties who make a complaint to the Queensland Human Rights Commission usually are required to attend conciliation to attempt to resolve the discrimination complaint. If the complaint is resolved and a written agreement is reached, the parties can file a copy of the written settlement agreement with QCAT.

You must send a copy of the agreement signed by both parties along with a cover letter to QCAT via email or by post. Once received QCAT will stamp the agreement with a seal and record and archive the agreement for future reference.

If you require a certified copy of the agreement for enforcement purposes, you can make a request in writing to QCAT for a certified copy of the agreement. Only parties to the agreement are entitled to view and enforce the document.

QCAT does not have the power to enforce a settlement agreement made between the parties. For further information on enforcement options please view our enforcement page here.

2. How to lodge your settlement agreement

When filing the agreement with QCAT, you are required to file the agreement in one of the following ways:
In person

Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal
Floor 11, 259 Queen Street
Brisbane Qld 4000

or at any local Magistrates Court 

Mail to

Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal
GPO Box 1639
Brisbane Qld 4001