Skip links and keyboard navigation

Children and young people

Children and young people matters

QCAT can take a new look at (review) some decisions made by the:

  • Department of Communities including Child Safety services (the department)
  • Public Safety Business Agency (the agency).

Decisions we can review about children and young people include:

  • who they should live with
  • not telling their parents where they are living
  • the amount and type of contact between them and their parents
  • other care arrangements

or are regarding:

If you feel that a decision made by the department or agency about you, a child who is a family member, or a child in your care is wrong, then you can apply to QCAT for a review of this decision.

Any description of QCAT's jurisdiction on this website is general information only and is not intended to precisely define the types of applications that QCAT has the power to decide. QCAT's jurisdiction is determined by the relevant legislation. If you are unsure about your legal rights you should seek legal advice. Any actions taken to resolve your dispute should be determined by your individual circumstances.
Last reviewed
1 July 2014
Last updated
30 October 2015

Rate this page

  1. How useful was the information on this page?