LawRight’s Courts and Tribunal Service
Parties with proceedings in QCAT may be able to obtain assistance from LawRight’s Court & Tribunal Services to self-represent or in limited circumstances, be given representation.
LawRight is an independent, non-profit community based legal organisation that coordinates pro bono legal services for individuals and community groups.
How LawRight helps people to self-represent
LawRight offers appointments with solicitors who provide advice and assistance with the legal tasks necessary to progress tribunal proceedings, including:
- Advice about whether, and how, to commence or defend proceedings;
- Advice about tribunal processes;
- Assistance to draft documents such as applications, affidavits, submissions and other tribunal forms;
- Assistance with preparing for hearings and appearing in QCAT;
- Advice about appealing tribunal decisions; and
- Advice about other options for the resolution of disputes.
Who can LawRight help?
LawRight helps people who are involved in, or who are considering commencing legal proceedings in the following QCAT areas:
- Reviews of administrative decision e.g. Blue Card, Disability Worker Screening, Child Safety, Victims Assist, SPER, AHPRA
- Guardianship and administration
- Minor civil disputes e.g. minor debt matters
- Right to information and information privacy
- Occupational regulation (health practitioners only)
- Appeals and reopenings
Applying for help from LawRight
If you are unsure if you are eligible for assistance from LawRight or wish to make an enquiry, contact the service by phone on 07 3564 7561 or by email at email@example.com or by writing to PO Box 12217, George Street QLD 4003.
To apply for help from LawRight, please complete the application form here. If you are unable to complete the online form, contact LawRight to discuss alternative arrangements.
LawRight staff review applications received and contact eligible self-represented parties to arrange an appointment with a solicitor. LawRight cannot give legal advice over the phone until you have been accepted as a client.