QCAT reviews decisions made about the thoroughbred, harness and greyhound industries including decisions:
- refusing to grant or renew licences for people participating in racing including owners of animals, racing bookmakers, riders and trainers
- refusing to grant or renew licences for clubs associated with racing meetings and venues for racing meetings
- taking disciplinary action relating to a licence
- taking an exclusion action against a racing person
- imposing a monetary penalty on a racing person.
QCAT reviews other decisions related to the racing industry including the imposition of monetary penalties.
The rules and regulations relating to each code of racing (thoroughbred, harness, greyhound) can be found on the Racing Queensland website.
Stay a decision
To apply to stay a decision of the Queensland Racing Integrity Commission while they conduct an internal review, you need to lodge a Form 44 - Application to stay a decision (PDF, 470.9 KB).
From 12 December 2016 there will be a fee for an application for stay of an internal review decision. If payment of the filing fee would cause undue financial hardship an application can be made to the Principal Registrar using Form 49 to waive the fee .
In some circumstances the commission may consent to the stay. If this is the case, the application to stay a decision should be accompanied by an application for decision order by consent (PDF, 245.5 KB), signed and completed by all parties.