QCAT conducts disciplinary proceedings against architects after the complaint has been investigated and referred by the Board of Architects (board). Only the board can apply to commence disciplinary proceedings against an architect in QCAT.
If QCAT finds that grounds for discipline are established the tribunal may:
- take no further action against the architect
- issue a reprimand to the architect
- require the architect to pay a fine
- cancel the architect’s registration
- disqualify the architect for a stated period of time or permanently from obtaining registration as an architect.
Review of the board’s decision
QCAT is able to review decisions made by the board including decisions:
- not taking any further action about the complaint
- cautioning or reprimanding an architect
- refusing an application for an architect’s registration
- refusing an application for the renewal or restoration of an architect’s registration
- not accepting an application for renewal or restoration of an architect’s registration
- cancelling an architect’s registration.