Blue card application
QCAT can review blue card decisions made by the Department of Justice and Attorney-General. This includes:
- issuing a negative notice
- cancelling a positive notice and substituting a negative notice
- cancelling a positive notice which was suspended
- suspending a positive notice because you were charged with a disqualifying offence, when you claim you are not the person charged with the offence.
If you feel the decision is wrong, you can apply for a review of the decision. Generally you need to apply to QCAT for a review within 28 days of being notified of the decision.
If you have not received reasons for the decision, you have 28 days to apply to QCAT from:
- the day the reasons are given to you, or
- when you asked for the reasons, whichever is earliest.
There are exceptions to the 28 day rule so please check your QCAT information notice for details about the time limit that applies in your case.