Application process - anti-discrimination matters

Application process in relation to an anti-discrimination matters.

If you feel you have been discriminated against, you should make an application to the Queensland Human Rights Commission (QHRC). If the matter cannot be settled at the QHRC, then it may be referred to QCAT for determination if it is not work-related. If the matter is work related it may be referred to the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission.

At any time before a non work-related complaint is referred to the tribunal, you may apply for an order prohibiting a person from doing an act that might prejudice:

  • the investigation or conciliation of the complaint
  • an order that the tribunal might make after a hearing.

You will need to complete:

You may apply to the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission for similar relief if your complaint relates to a work-related matter.

Exemption under the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991

Use this form to apply for an exemption or renew an existing exemption under the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 for non-work-related matters.

Lapsed complaints

The application form to review a decision of the Human Rights Commissioner regarding a lapsed complaint can be found in administrative decisions.

What happens next?

Once your application and forms have been received, QCAT will review the information provided and contact you about next steps.