Support at QCAT
Information and support during QCAT proceedings
The Court Network is a voluntary service providing support, non-legal information and referral. The Volunteers can assist QCAT clients with:
- how a tribunal works
- what happens when you go to QCAT
- being with you in person on the day
- showing you around the mediation and hearing rooms beforehand
- providing you with a safe place at QCAT
- referring you to other community services that can help you.
QCAT may refer you to Court Network or you may contact them directly.
On most days, a Court Network Volunteer is available on Level 10 at the QCAT Brisbane registry where hearing and mediation rooms are located.
You can identify the Volunteer by their bright pink lanyard around their neck.
Advice and advocacy for tenants
The Tenants' Union of Queensland is a statewide community organisation that provides services for residential tenants, including caravan park and boarding house residents.