Ordering a transcript, audio recording or reasons for a decision
Auscript provides recording and transcription services to the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal and other courts throughout Queensland. The recording of proceedings is in compliance with the Recording of Evidence Act 1962.
Ordering reasons for a decision
All QCAT hearings are digitally recorded. If requested, QCAT provides the reasons for a decision to parties involved in the proceedings. This is a free service. Please note that the tribunal is not required to provide reasons for some procedural decisions in relation to the proceeding (see below).
Request for reasons should be made within 14 days of the decision taking effect as per the QCAT Act 2009 s122(2). This is usually the date the decision is made or a later date, as specified.
To order reasons for decision of the proceedings, please complete a Request for reasons form and lodge with QCAT.
The tribunal is not required to provide reasons for the following decisions:
- a decision setting aside or amending a decision by default
- a direction consolidating 2 or more proceedings
- a direction that 2 or more proceedings be heard and decided together
- a direction that 2 or more proceedings be heard in a particular sequence
- a direction varying a previous direction consolidating 2 or more proceedings
- a direction varying a previous direction that 2 or more proceedings be heard and decided together
- a direction varying a previous direction setting the sequence of hearing of 2 or more proceedings
- a decision regarding the taking of evidence
- a decision to act in the absence of a party who had reasonable notice of a proceeding
- a decision adjourning a proceeding
- a decision to extend a time limit fixed for the start of a proceeding
- a decision to extend or shorten a time limit
- a decision to waive compliance with another procedural requirement
- a direction given at any time in a proceeding
- a direction requiring a document or another thing be produced or information provided to the tribunal or a party
- a decision requiring a document be amended.
Ordering a transcript or audio recording
All enquiries in relation to obtaining a transcript or audio recording can be made directly with Auscript.
Level 22, 179 Turbot Street
Brisbane, QLD 4000
P.O. Box 13038
George Street Post Shop
Telephone: 1800 AUSCRIPT or 1800 287 274
Office hours: 8am - 6pm AEST