Dispute resolution at QCAT
QCAT is committed to actively resolving disputes for Queenslanders.
QCAT uses dispute resolution techniques in some matters to help parties reach an agreement before a QCAT hearing.
QCAT may order that all parties involved in a matter attend mediation or a compulsory conference.
- assisting to identify the issues that need to be resolved
- the early resolution of matters
- reduced stress due to the more informal nature of the session
- maintaining ongoing relationships between parties
- reducing costs for parties
- better tailored solutions to meet the needs of parties
- better understanding of the powers of the tribunal to deal with the dispute.