Other civil disputes
A civil dispute is a disagreement between individuals, or an individual and a trader, business or company.
The dispute may negatively impact on an individual’s lifestyle or finances and often they and the other party require assistance in resolving the dispute.
QCAT decides and reviews decisions relating to:
- body corporate and community management scheme disputes
- financial losses caused by debt collectors, motor dealers or property agents
- integrated resort development matters
- legal cost agreement claims
- manufactured home park disputes
- retirement village disputes
- Sanctuary Cove Resort matters
- tree disputes.
Descriptions of QCAT's jurisdiction on this website are general information only. They do not definitively describe the types of applications on which QCAT can make decisions. The relevant legislation determines QCAT's jurisdiction. If you are unsure about your legal rights, you should seek legal advice. Your individual circumstances should guide any actions taken to resolve your dispute.