Tattooists and tattoo business operators
The Tattoo Parlours Act 2013 sets up an occupational licensing and regulatory framework for the Queensland tattoo industry.
Review of the Chief Executive’s decision
From 6 January 2014, QCAT has jurisdiction to review certain decisions of the chief executive in connection with licences and permits made under the Tattoo Parlours Act 2013 including those related to:
- refusing to grant a licence or permit
- suspending a licence
- cancelling a licence
- imposing conditions on a licence or permit
- revoking, or varying a condition, on a permit.
Apply for a review of the chief executive's decision.
- see the Tattoo Parlours Act 2013 and Tattoo Parlours Regulation 2013
- call QCAT on 1300 753 228.
Descriptions of QCAT's jurisdiction on this website are general information only. They do not definitively describe the types of applications on which QCAT can make decisions. The relevant legislation determines QCAT's jurisdiction. If you are unsure about your legal rights, you should seek legal advice. Your individual circumstances should guide any actions taken to resolve your dispute.