Plumbers and drainers
QCAT conducts disciplinary proceedings against plumbers and drainers after the complaint has been investigated and referred by the Plumber and Drainers Board (board). Only the board can apply to commence disciplinary proceedings against a plumber or drainer in QCAT.
If QCAT finds that grounds for discipline are established the tribunal may:
- issue a reprimand to the plumber or drainer
- require the plumber or drainer to fix the plumbing or drainage work so that it complies with the Standard Plumbing and Drainage Regulation
- impose new conditions or changing conditions on the plumber or drainer’s licence
- suspend the plumber’s or drainer’s licence for a period
- cancel the plumber’s or drainer’s licence
- require the plumber or drainer to pay a fine to the board.
Review of the board’s decision
QCAT is able to review decisions made by the board including decisions:
- reprimanding the plumber or drainer
- ordering that plumbing or drainage work be fixed by the plumber or drainer to comply with the Standard Plumbing and Drainage Regulation
- imposing conditions on a plumber’s or drainer’s licence
- imposing new conditions or changing conditions on the plumber’s or drainer’s licence
- suspending the plumber’s or drainer’s licence for a period of not more than 12 months
- requiring the plumber or drainer to pay to the board a stated amount
- provisionally licensing an applicant for the class of licence applied for
- refusing to license an applicant.
Descriptions of QCAT's jurisdiction on this website are general information only. They do not definitively describe the types of applications on which QCAT can make decisions. The relevant legislation determines QCAT's jurisdiction. If you are unsure about your legal rights, you should seek legal advice. Your individual circumstances should guide any actions taken to resolve your dispute.