Skip links and keyboard navigation

Application process - minor civil disputes

To make an application in relation to a minor civil dispute complete and lodge the appropriate form.

Consumer and trader dispute

See consumer and trader application process.

Dividing fences dispute

See dividing fences application process.

Minor debt dispute

See minor debt application process.

Property damage dispute

See consumer and trader application process.

Residential tenancy dispute

See residential tenancy dispute application process.

Counter-application (excluding minor debt applications)

Use this form to lodge a counter-application about a minor civil dispute application made to QCAT. This excludes minor debt applications (see information below).

Form 8 - Minor civil dispute - counter application (PDF, 251.4 KB)

Response to a minor debt application

Use this form to lodge a response about a minor civil dispute – minor debt application.

Form 7 - Response to minor civil dispute – minor debt (PDF, 415.8 KB)

What’s next?

Once your application and forms have been received, QCAT will review the information you provided and contact you about the next steps.

Descriptions of QCAT's jurisdiction on this website are general information only. They do not definitively describe the types of applications on which QCAT can make decisions. The relevant legislation determines QCAT's jurisdiction. If you are unsure about your legal rights, you should seek legal advice. Your individual circumstances should guide any actions taken to resolve your dispute.

Notices from QCAT

If your matter is scheduled for a hearing or mediation, you will receive a notice from QCAT

The notice provides important information such as the time, date and location of your QCAT hearing or mediation.

Make sure you read your notice carefully. If you do not attend, the matter may be heard and decided in your absence.

Before you make an application

Last reviewed
13 August 2012
Last updated
14 December 2015

Rate this page

  1. How useful was the information on this page?