Legislation and decisions
Queensland legislation related to consumer disputes includes the:
- Agents Financial Administration Act 2014
- Debt Collectors (Field Agents and Collection Agents) Act 2014
- Motor Dealers and Chattel Auctioneers Act 2014
- Property Occupations Act 2014
- Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal Act 2009
The Acts are available on the Office of the Queensland Parliamentary Counsel website.
Decisions about consumer and trader disputes made by QCAT after 1 December 2009, can be found in the other minor civil disputes matters section on the Supreme Court of Queensland Library website.
Descriptions of QCAT's jurisdiction on this website are general information only. They do not definitively describe the types of applications on which QCAT can make decisions. The relevant legislation determines QCAT's jurisdiction. If you are unsure about your legal rights, you should seek legal advice. Your individual circumstances should guide any actions taken to resolve your dispute.