Legislation and decisions
Queensland Legislation related to children and young people matters includes:
- Adoption Act 2009
- Child Protection Act 1999
- Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000
- Education (General Provisions) Act 2006
- Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal Act 2009
The Acts are available on the Office of the Queensland Parliamentary Counsel website.
Decisions about children and young people matters made by:
- the Children Services Tribunal before 1 December 2009, can be found in the Queensland Children Services Tribunal 2006- section on the Australasian Legal Information Institute website.
- QCAT after 1 December 2009 can be found in the childrens matters section on the Supreme Court of Queensland Library website.
Descriptions of QCAT's jurisdiction on this website are general information only. They do not definitively describe the types of applications on which QCAT can make decisions. The relevant legislation determines QCAT's jurisdiction. If you are unsure about your legal rights, you should seek legal advice. Your individual circumstances should guide any actions taken to resolve your dispute.