Our service charter
Fair and just outcomes
To actively resolve disputes in a way that is fair, just, accessible, quick and inexpensive.
QCAT prides itself on the professionalism, integrity and impartiality of its staff and decision-makers and values the right of parties to have access to a quality service.
You have a right to:
- a fair and impartial hearing
- reasonable help to understand the tribunal’s practices and procedures
- respect from registry staff and tribunal decision-makers
- your personal and confidential information being treated in compliance with relevant legislation.
- treat you with courtesy, respect and professionalism
- respect the diversity of the community
- provide fair and equitable access to services
- provide you with clear and accurate information about our practices and procedures through fact sheets and our website
- welcome your comments and deal with any reasonable problems.
- provide you with legal advice, however we can refer you to legal and community organisations which may be able to assist you
- provide advice about what to say during a hearing
- talk to a tribunal decision-maker on your behalf
- other than through the appeals system, alter decisions of a decision-maker or the outcomes of hearings.
You can help us by:
- having your case number and details ready when calling the tribunal
- providing us with timely and accurate information
- treating staff, decision-makers and other parties with courtesy and respect
- letting us know if you have any special needs
- telling us how we can improve our services
- asking us to explain anything you are not sure of.
We value your input and would like to know what you think of our information and services.