Skip links and keyboard navigation

Changes to building dispute applications

From Monday, 15 December 2014 new laws mean changes to how building dispute applications can be made to QCAT. 

Parties will be required to participate in a dispute resolution process with the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) prior to making an application to QCAT.

The free dispute resolution service within the QBCC is designed to help licensees and consumers resolve disputes.

For more information on the dispute resolution service contact the QBCC via or 139 333.

Last reviewed
8 December 2014
Last updated
30 October 2015

Rate this page

  1. How useful was the information on this page?